CEAi solves the world's largest and most timely industry problems using AI. It was founded by a serial entrepreneur, Bradford Cross with over 15 years of experience in creating ML startups and is backed by DCVC, the largest global AI Venture Capital fund. We incubate ideas mostly for enterprise software with a focus on application of machine learning and computer vision in fintech, insurance, healthcare and biotech.
Through our CEAi offices in San Francisco, Prague, Bratislava, Kosice and Brno we currently operate 4 startup companies and aim to open even more. We are all about market meets talent - ideal balance of market opportunity of Silicon Valley playbook and network, and great talent opportunity in Central Europe.
Our success is totally dependent on people who work hard, can execute and deliver, seek constant challenges, are smart, ambitious yet humble and fun to work with. We are currently looking for Finance Specialist to join our Operations team in Bratislava or Prague. Our Operations Team owns everything non-product and it’s a great training ground for future business leaders. Daily agenda involves assistance with financial planning and analysis, liaison with bookkeeping, expense management, communication with vendors and help with office management.
- true ownership and accountability over our roles
- complete transparency into how our ventures are built and hence manifold opportunities to learn and grow
- a global impact
- international, accomplished, supportive and super fun team across 5 offices in US and Europe.
- a sense of purpose and urgency - we are building a unique company, we move fast every single day
We are currently looking for a Finance Specialist who is comfortable with wearing several hats at once:
- Helping with managing budgets and financial planning across multiple startups and offices
- Participating in coordination and control of local accounting and payroll vendors in USA, SK and CZ
- Assisting with processing and tracking of invoices and payments
- Supporting month-end close process
- Taking care of expense reimbursement process: reviewing, approving, rejecting and correcting expenses for payroll reimbursement
- Supporting preparation of customized financial analysis reports for shareholders and top-management
- Assisting in compliance efforts and updating Operations policies and procedures
- Taking care of basic bookkeeping and business administration agenda across all entities (expenses, incoming and outgoing invoice workflow, cash, meal vouchers)
You are a suitable candidate if you have
- Education in economic/finance field
- Solid MS Excel/Google sheets skills
- Good written & verbal communication in English
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to pinpoint problems and find creative solutions proactively, drive improvements
- Experience with US GAAP or US taxes / payroll is of advantage but not necessary
- Experience with accounting, budgeting, financial planning is an advantage